Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Can You Say FoodiePal?

So there is a new thing in town, well actually its not so new, its new to me though. I have joined an awesome group called Foodie Pal, it is a food exchange program and its really neat, you meet others and you then get a goodie package, and you also send one out... Here is some more info about it:
And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 
So as you can see its not that complicated its actually pretty fun! So come on over and join us....I love getting mail and I am sure you do as well!!! So what are you waiting for?

SO this is like Christmas every month, not only do you get a goodie box but you learn more about the foods that come from a different part of the United States! So I was blessed to be connected with Elyse Nezbeda who has a beautiful and insightful  blog, please head over and read her blog she has some exciting and yummy recipes on her blog..So click on her link and head over!http://sandbetweenmysneakers.wordpress.com/
So one bright morning my doorbell rang and It was my package, I felt like a little kid, so here is what Elyse sent me, and it was a beautiful blessing
So after I starred at the box for a while, I was like Andrea go ahead and open it....
So after taking everything out here is what we have!
I love spices, I love to cook, so here is some Fresh Bayou Blackening Spice, already used it in my gumbo... YUMMY! Will be trying this on some more stuff!
Then I am a big fan of water of all KINDS now, So i love the fact that she thought of me to send me some water, there were two bottles in my box one flavor was Peach and the other was Strawberry Kiwi both were sparkling water, unsweetened and this is what I need, so this was a big hit, A hint is all I tasted too..LOL but my body wants more and more of it...:)

SO then there was some Vegetable Chips.. I am now a big fan of veggies so she went and found something healthy that I can munch on, and they are so yummy, never had veggies in a chip form, but they were so tasty, and I almost ate in them in one setting! Will be on a hunt for these too!
And then there were these big choc cremes, made from Berger Family, and it is a family owned restrautn from her local, so ask me how long did these last?!?! NOT EVEN HALF OF A DAY!I had to work hard to work these babies off... I did share one...LOLOL with my daughter! These were yummy I even warmed up one... So yummy!!!!!! Would love to have some more of these...

The note topped it off, she expressed how she enjoyed meeting me and she explained every product and hoped I enjoyed it... She was a blessing and I will keep up with her, because she eats whats right, and shares it with the world.... SO again thank you Elyse, your box was amazing!!!!!
Well thats all for now, my box is only a memory but I have made a lifetime friend..... Foodie Pal has been a big blessing to my life and I hope you can join us!!!!

So if you want to see what I sent, head on over to http://spinachandskittles.com/

So now that my blog is AWAKE, check back and see whats happening over here in my PrettyWings Spot, and if you need more questions, or want to read about more Foodie Pal head over to The CEO, she is such a sweetie... Im thankful that she came up with this idea! SO head on over and see what is going on with THE LEAN GREEN BEAN! http://www.theleangreenbean.com/

Thats all now, thank you for stopping in where everything I touch becomes beautiful... PrettyWings N Things!



No comments:

Post a Comment